It’s 2015, and Social Media is now a primary form of communicating with your audience. Communicating on Social Media is time intensive, so it’s best to focus your efforts with the platform that reaches your audience most.
Facebook is the most famous brand of social networking in the world. It seems that every internet user is a Facebook user, whilst this is not the case it’s not far off. Every single country on earth has a plethora of users.
Yes, a lot of people use Facebook. It has 1.44 billion monthly active users, with 936 million of those visiting the site daily.
The user base is dominated by 25+, but they still have 50+ million user under the age 25. It is a great place to start social media marketing, because your audience will generally lie within one of their age demographics. Let me show how the age distribution pans out:
Where are they, though? Primarily in the US, but in reality, all over the world. Take a look at the top 10 countries with the most Facebook users:
- United States – 151.8 million
- India – 108.9 million
- Brazil – 70.5 million
- Indonesia – 60.3 million
- Mexico 44.4 million
- United Kingdom – 30.3 million
- Japan – 26.5 million
- France – 22.4 million
- Germany – 22 million
- Italy – 18.3 million
Here are some interesting, somewhat miscellaneous facts:
- Facebook has more than 500 million active users
- 50 percent of Facebook active users log on in any given day
- An average Facebook user has 130 friends
- An average Facebook user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- Each day, 50% of active Facebook users log in
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
If you feel you need a helping hand with your digital marketing make sure you get in touch. Sharp Monkeys is a digital marketing agency based in Worcester.