Google has decided it wants a piece of the mobile stories action. Like Instagram and Snapchat, businesses can now create consumer engaging rich mobile content with AMP Stories. The new featured was released by Google on February 13, 2018.
AMP Stories provides a new option for sharing stories on mobile and it also works on desktop. As it’s from Google, it’s certainly a platform worth your consideration if you’re already making Stories on the other social sites or looking to begin using this form of marketing.
Time is fleeting, as is the interest of the consumer. Visuals provide instant messages that can be quickly absorbed, appreciated and even shared. This form of marketing fits in with social media and word of mouth marketing. It helps to generate brand perception and is worth including in your content marketing strategy.
Tips for Creating AMP Stories
Creating original stories for each social network is a good idea, but not always feasible for smaller businesses. However, a simple tweak here and there, even if just in written content can make all the difference. Here are a few more snippets of advice that will hopefully help you encourage positive reactions with your audience.
- Know the base story of your business. What are your aims, ethics, passions, the very DNA of your brand. Work out that and use it as an underlying narrative for all of your stories.
- Pay attention to the stories that are being shared by your audience. Think about ways of including them in your own content.
- How can you visually connect with your audience? Think about their language and personality traits and come up with ideas that they will understand and connect with.
- Think about generating an emotional reaction and try to hold interest while delivering the message.
- What action do you want to achieve through the story? How can you create content that will encourage that response in your audience?
Find out more about AMP Stories and how to use them by visiting the Google Developers Blog.