Visuals are extremely popular on social media. They can be used to deliver messages quickly, attract attention and invoke emotional responses. You can connect with your audience using a visual far easier than using words alone. With that in mind, we’re going to share 5 ways of using visual content that will enhance customer engagement.
- Customer Images – Share images that are sent in by your customers or taken by your team. People connect with real people far more than with cold brands. Show them your products or responses to your services that are genuine and show your audience what happens when they come to you. You can also use reaching out for images as a way of requesting testimonials and feedback.
- Showing the human side. Use social media to let people get to know the team behind the corporate image. Put faces to names, give insights into the office or warehouse, who’s who and the culture. Ask different departments to take snapshots throughout normal working days and during events and you’ll have a great library built up in no time at all.
- Quotes in visuals. Quotes are well used in social media marketing as the audience reacts emotionally to this type of content. Don’t reuse other visual quotes, create your own. There are many tools that will make it easy for you to do this, canva.com is just one.
- Infographics are still popular. Infographics are great as they are visually appealing and educational at the same time. You can share a lot of information without bogging people down with bucket loads of boring data.
- Stock images are useful if you don’t have the freedom or the time to create your own unique images. Stock images aren’t ideal, but they can be used provided they fit in with your branding and your audience.
Start playing around with new ways of adding visuals to your social media marketing content. Discover they types of visuals your audience responds to and which ones are less successful. Use your findings to refine your strategy and improve engagement levels with your audience.