Have you noticed some pages come up with posts on Facebook with Call to Action buttons built-in? These posts appear all the time on the feed, but many businesses are unaware of how to create them. The good news is, it’s easy to do. A call to action could increase your referred traffic, leads and sales. So how do you do it? Follow the easy steps below.
Head to your Facebook Ads Manager Account
You need to sign into your ad account on Facebook to get started. If you haven’t created an account yet you can do so, and it doesn’t cost anything. Head on over to https://business.facebook.com/adsmanager and click Business Manager followed by Page Posts that appear in the dropdown menu.
Create Your Post
The next step is to click ‘Create Post’. A window will open up where you fill in the following details:
- The URL you want to link to. Remember to add any tracking codes if you want to monitor the referral traffic in Google Analytics
- Create the content of the ad, this shows up above the post one it’s published
- Add the call to action by choosing the button you want to have. There are several options such as Learn More, Shop Now and Sign Up.
- Choose either ‘Use this post for an ad’ or this post will only be used as an ad’.
- Click Create Post at the end of the form and the ad will show up at the top of the ads posts list.
- Once you have your post you’ll need to decide when you want to publish it. You can choose to publish immediately or schedule it for a later date and time.
Points to Remember
When creating the call to action ad you will need to post it onto your feed if you want it to reach organic traffic. You cannot do this until after you’ve created the ad post. Additionally, you can’t tag other pages or people during the creation of the post, but you can once it has been published. Simply edit the text and add the text.
Looking for help managing your Facebook page and/or creating Facebook ads? Give us a call and ask about our social media management services in Worcester.