Google the Search Engine of Choice for Mozilla
Mozilla has brought an end to their three-year relationship with Yahoo. Firefox’s browser will now return to Google with the new release, Firefox Quantum. Mozilla said that they are focusing on the user experience and performance, which is the driving factor for dropping Yahoo. Google will also be the default search engine in the US, Canada, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The exceptions are Russia, Turkey, Belarus, Kazakhstan where Yandex is the default and in China where Baidu is the default search engine.
Mozilla first partnered with Yahoo back in 2014. At that time, Yahoo took the place of Google as the default search engine. Denelle Dixon, Mozilla’s chief business and legal officer told TechCrunch that they exercised their contractual right to end the agreement with Yahoo. The decision was made on multiple factors, including what they considered to be the best move for their brand and for the user experience.
Google will be the default search engine but users still have the option to change to a search engine of their choice. The search engines include DuckDuckGo, Bing and Yahoo among others.
Reasons to Place Your Ads on Google
Advertising on Google is an excellent way of increasing sales. PPC ads compliment organic SEO and are a powerful source of leads when performed correctly. Advertising using Google AdWords has multiple benefits that include:
- Faster response times compared with organic SEO. PPC is frequently used to help increase leads while SEO is gradually gaining pace.
- AdWords gives you full control over your advertising costs
- PPC is an excellent way of taking on your competitors and winning!
- Google AdWords provides an abundance of tools to assist you with metrics and evaluating the success and failures of ad campaigns
- Increase lead generation during peak periods, such as Black Friday and the holidays
Contact us to discuss PPC and how we can help you to create successful ads that are targeted correctly towards your audience. We can also discuss alternative or additional PPC ad options that might be worth your consideration. Call us on 01905 72007 and ask about our PPC and our digital marketing services.