There are plenty of brands that don’t have the budget to begin working with major influencers online. Some of the biggest influencers care hundreds of thousands to create a single Instagram, obviously not a viable option for small businesses. The good news is there are plenty of micro-influencers out there that are more affordable to work with and still provide value and a door to your audience.
Why Use Micro-Influencers?
There are several benefits to using a micro-influencer for your marketing campaign:
- They provide a clear message to their audience asking them to try or buy the product or service directly, ensuring they are transparent regarding their partnership with the brand at the same time.
- The more followers an influencer has the less engagement they receive. Smaller audiences have higher levels of engagement. Read research by Markerly to learn more.
- They are cost effective. The cost of a blog post or an Instagram commonly cost less than £500.
Finding the Right Micro-Influencers for Your Campaign
Here are a few ways to find the right micro-influencers to work with.
- Compare your buyer personas with the audience of the influencers you want to work with. Pick influencers who have the right type of audience for your brand. Think about where their audience is based in the world, the average age and gender and they type of content they enjoy the most from the influencer.
- Does the micro-influencer like you already? Are they aware of you, following you on social networks and a customer? Consider working with influencers that love you before entering into a partnership as they will be genuine and share an honest message with their audience.
- Have the micro-influencers partnered with your competitors? View the posts and check out the response to see if they were a suitable match. Look for shares, comments and likes. Read the blog, the reviews and the comments to see if you can provide solutions that your competitor might have missed.
- What type of content will the micro-influencer produce? Instagram is popular, but many influencers have a YouTube channel, are present and active on all social networks and their own blogs. The more content the better.
Talk to us about creating a successful marketing campaign strategy for 2018.