E3 is always a big deal in our house. It usually involves very late nights due to the streaming times of all the live events, but this year that wasn’t necessary. We managed to watch all the conferences we wanted with ease and without disrupted our sleep schedules. For us, and for many, the best part of E3 was the surprise reveal of Johnny Silverhand at the Xbox conference, played by none other than Keanu Reeves.
Keanu seems more popular than ever before, and his involvement in the long-awaited and much-anticipated game Cyberpunk 2077 will only feed the love for this man. He plays Johnny Silverhand and looks unbelievable. As if the crowd wasn’t hyped enough by the reveal trailer, Keanu then appeared on stage and addressed the stage in typical Keanu style.
We were first told about Cyberpunk 2077 all the way back in 2012. It has taken seven years to get to where we are today, with extensive and impressive gameplay and teaser trailers. At E3 we not only received the news of Keanu in the casting, but also a release date for April 16, 2020. Expect to see a lot of people booking holidays for that week as it has certainly been a long time coming.
CD Projekt RED certainly delivered in style and the gaming world is itching to delve into the sci-fi RPG. Here are some of the latest Cyberpunk facts that have been revealed recently:
- Cyberpunk 2077 will have full support for RTX ray tracing
- Johnny Silverhand will be played by Keanu Reeves
- Mod support won’t be available at launch
- The release date is April 16, 2020
- The game isn’t an Epic Games Store exclusive
- The Collectors Edition includes a 10-inch statue of V (the protagonist)
- North American PC players will be able to buy a physical copy of the game despite being told it would be digital only. No news on whether Canada will be given the same options at this time.
Cyberpunk 2077 has been big news for years, but the latest announcements at E3 2019 have accelerated the hype. Check out the teaser trailer we were treated to below and check out the reaction Keanu received when walking on stage at the Xbox conference in the video above and learn more about the game. What a guy.