Small businesses rejoice, Google Posts has finally landed. Google Posts was originally launched back at the start of 2016. It was called Candidate Cards at that time as they were designed for political candidates to use. Within a few months, some businesses were given access to the feature. It has since evolved into Google Posts. Everyone can use it providing they use the Google My Business (GMB) platform. The rollout of the much anticipated Google Posts was announced at the end of last week. Google has previously moved Google Posts into the GMB platform, which can be accessed via the mobile app on iOS and Android and on desktop.
Your News in Google Search in Minutes
Google Posts allows you to write up to 300 words, upload an image or create an event. You can include call to action buttons such as Buy, Get Offer and Learn More. What are the benefits of creating this kind of content on top of everything else you do? These posts will appear in Google Search and in Google Maps. This is a brilliant opportunity to share instant news and have it turn up in the search results directly in front of Google Users, on mobile and desktop. The advantages include:
- Having the ability to share daily deals or promotions to help prompt your current and new customers to come and benefit from the offer you have running.
- Get your latest products in front of your customers.
- Make a big deal of any new lines to encourage visits to your website and sales.
- Let your current and new customers learn about upcoming events directly in search.
- Make it really easy for customers to buy, learn more, join your mailing list, or sign up for an event with just one click.
Head on over to Google My Business and try it out. The posts you create will appear in Google Search and Google Maps within a few moments. Let us know if you’d like help with your SEO, we have a number of services that can be tailored to suit your business.