There are many ways that social media can be used to increase traffic to your website. Here are 3 basics to kick start your new commitment to using social media as part of your digital marketing strategy.
Tidy up your business and personal page
As most users prefer communicating with people rather than faceless brands it’s not uncommon for businesses to ignore the business page and use their own name as the social face of the brand instead. Either way you will need the following:
- A unique logo and smart profile photo if you’re using your own face
- A unique URL for your Facebook business page, ideally with the name of your website
- The correct URL heading to a landing page designed for social media users
- A cover image
- A completed about section that provides accurate information on what your website/business is and offers
- Accurate contact information
- An impressive gallery with on brand images
Create content to upload to social media that is designed for your audience. Think about the platforms you’re using and the type of content that is appreciated by those users. Grab the attention of your audience with short videos, images and relevant content that they will drink up. Be consistent and stay on brand. Uploading content is time consuming, ask us about our social media marketing services to save yourself time.
Encourage your social media audiences to visit your website
Paid promotions are perhaps the most effective way of encouraging social media audiences to visit your website. Spend time ensuring the landing pages are efficient, relevant and informative and work on improving your calls to action deeper into your site from these pages.
Social media is still an important part of digital marketing, whether you use it for customer service, sharing information, research or staying in touch with your customers. Ask us about our flexible social media marketing services in Worcester.