Have you upgraded to an Instagram business profile yet? If not, we have a few reasons why you may want to stop procrastinating and take that step. There are many features that will be useful to you and help you to make the most of your marketing efforts on the popular social network.
Algorithms are so irritating and many marketers and businesses rolled their eyes when the Instagram algorithm was released in 2016. The good news is that the algorithm isn’t the same monster that lurks on Facebook, it’s actually pretty useful. The Instagram algorithm is a lot friendlier and you can use it to increase engagement with your audience. It works based on personal responses to your content rather than the public response. It’s also set up so your images will appear higher up in the feed if someone does interact with your content. You’ll need to take advantage of the algorithm by sharing quality content that your audience are going to pay attention to. Put quality over quantity.
Quality Instagram Pic Tips
- Put your energy into creating three quality posts per week rather than seven average posts.
- Add text over the images encouraging a call to action – such as liking, commenting or tagging friends.
- Have a colour theme and stick to it. Try and work with your own brand colours and create a visual style that works with your business.
- Use the same fonts for the text.
- Always add hashtags to your posts.
- Respond to comments.
- Monitor the posts and learn the type of images that are the most popular.
Link Your Instagram to Your Facebook Business Page
Upgrading to an Instagram Business Profile is easy if you link it to your Facebook business page. Once completed all of your Facebook business info will be pulled onto your Instagram profile. You’ll also be given a Contact button, allowing people to contact you directly from Instagram. This is an excellent feature that makes upgrading worthwhile on its own. You also gain access to analytics, helping you to monitor your efforts and make changes based on the reports.
Interested in using Instagram to market your business? Let us help you create a digital marketing strategy that works for you.