Snapchat has more than 150 million daily users so it’s no surprise that businesses are using the platform in their marketing strategies, or at least considering how it can be worked into their plans. Snapchat is new territory. Posts last for just 24 hours and different approaches are needed in order to use it to its full potential. But where do you start?
Are Your Customers There?
The 12 -24 year olds use Snapchat the most and if this is your target market you need to be there too. Conduct market research and social media polls and ask your customers directly.
KPI’s are difficult because Snapchat is so new and the stories you share are on only temporary. Here are a few KPIs that are useful.
- Views – You don’t need to be the most popular brand out there, but it is always useful to know the size of your audience.
- Screenshots – List how many people take screenshots and use this information to help come up with popular messages.
- Special offer redemption – create unique codes for Snapchat alone and monitor how many are redeemed.
- Length of attention – Monitor how long your audience view each post (remember the longest it can be is 10 seconds) and pay attention to drop off points. Use the information to see what causes people to drop off and what keeps them griped to the end.
- Geofilters can be customised and used to track the amount of people who have seen your Snapchat’s.
Think about how you can make the best use out of the platform. Use a combination of images and videos and have some fun. Come up with stories that will reach out to your target audience. Use it to showcase your special events, let customers see behind the scenes and get to know the people working there and give sneak peeks into upcoming products or services. You can entice customers to come to your store with special offers and discounts too. Brand awareness increases and you give each of your customers an exclusive 10-second snap that helps them bond with your business on a whole new level.
Need help with your digital marketing strategy? Call us for assistance on 01905 27007.