One of the best uses of social media is to increase brand awareness. It’s an excellent tool that can be used to place your campaigns and promotions in front of your target audience. Most businesses will benefit from making profiles and being active on social sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Brand Awareness Tips
Here are a few tips to help you get started increasing awareness on social media.
- Come up with content that is unique to your business. It needs to over value to your audience. Think about what is valuable to your customers and tailor content based on their preferences.
- Try different ways to connect with your audience. The content could inform, entertain or perhaps inspire them. You can try out different ways of connecting emotionally and/or educating your fans. Balance out the different types of content and monitor what works the best.
- Remember that social media is customer-centric and not sales-centric. Your heavily promotional posts should be kept to a minimum. Think up fresh ways of inspiring people to click and to buy.
- Make sure the personality of your brand is shown and expressed. This personality will help separate you from your competitors. It also helps people to connect with you.
- Consider working with influencers to help spread the word. You must not expect influencers to work for free and you have to follow Google’s guidelines. Influencers will have readymade audiences who they can promote your brand to. Find the right type of influencer who will have the audience you’re looking for.
- Promote your best content using the advertising provided by the social media platform. Advertising is a great way of increasing reach and your audience. Social media ads provide tools to help you target your audience closely.
- Use Facebook remarketing to reach those visiting your website.
Measuring Brand Awareness
Social media marketing campaigns will help your brand to be presented to your audience. But how can you measure brand awareness? Here are a few metrics we recommend measuring:
- The reach of your post
- The amount of website traffic your social posts attract
- How many followers you have
- How much interaction takes place between you and your customers
- How your competitors are performing
These metrics and more can usually be found by using the analytic tools that are provided by the social networks. You will also need to monitor Google analytics or the tools you choose to monitor the analytics of your website.
Contact us if you’d like help with your social media marketing or digital marketing strategy planning.