Good news for all businesses using Pinterest to promote their brand. The image-based social network has brand new looks that have been launched for business profiles. The new look gives you an area that is located on the top of your profile.
The rotating showcase is what visitors to your profile will see first, so it’s where you want your strongest images to be located. Think about how you can create a story and use it as a visually appealing introduction to your brand.
One of the other updates worth noting is the highlight tool. You can now choose five of your boards and buyable pins to highlight. The highlighted boards have a new design that will be consistent whether they’re being viewed on the website via desktop or on a mobile device.
5 Reasons to Use Pinterest for Business
Still not using Pinterest for your business? Here are 5 reasons why you might want to work the network into your digital marketing strategy in 2017.
- Pinterest has 150 million users. 80% of the users are female, but males are increasingly coming to the platform, growing by 120% in the last 12 months.
- This platform is excellent for showing off your brand. You don’t need to stick to adding your own products or promoting your blog posts and services. Think about the whole story and how you can create boards that will appeal to your audience.
- A new source of traffic to your website. When someone sees one of your pins on Pinterest they can click on the image to be taken directly to your website. Many businesses receive a large amount of traffic using Pinterest. It’s a benefit to SEO and provides you with another way of being found online.
- People are using Pinterest to find things to use in their lives. They are looking for inspiration and solutions. Use this opportunity to solve their problems or offer them your products in a simple, yet effective way. It’s also fun!
- You can use Pinterest casually. There’s no need to post daily if you don’t have the time. Add a few pins each week and your boards will grow throughout the year.
Need help to develop your digital marketing strategy? Or perhaps you need a social media manager to do the hard work for you. Get in touch and we’ll let you know how we can help with our digital marketing services.