Businesses using social media marketing need to pay attention to the rise in popularity of videos. Social media networks have added the ability to upload and share live videos on their platforms. One of the most powerful platforms is Facebook. A recent report found that users of Facebook are now watching around 100 million hours of video directly on Facebook, on a daily basis. That’s a lot of watch time!
Creating video content needs to be in your digital marketing strategy. How can you make the best use of your creations on Facebook? Here are a few tips to start you off.
5 Video Marketing Tips for Facebook
- Assume that everyone is going to watch your video with the sound turned down. Most people use their phones in crowded places and they don’t want to disturb others or let other people know what they’re watching. You can edit in the captions to your video or use the Facebook captions option when publishing. You must take the time to watch the video through and ensure the captions are correct.
- Save the longer videos for YouTube. Keep Facebook videos short and to the point and make them shareable. People like to rush through their feed and they can get bored or distracted very easily.
- Live video is an area to experiment with. Live video is a lot less formal and it doesn’t require a big budget or a large production team. You’ll need to find a place to film, the star(s) of the show and some ideas. Live video is the perfect opportunity to interact directly with your audience. You can create any kind of content you want, have a content plan in place to cover you if no one turns up to watch your live broadcast.
- Give your fans and followers information on when they can expect your live broadcast. Share the time and date in your newsletters and on your social channels.
- Get the right tools. You will need a few essential pieces of equipment to begin making videos. The latest smartphones have quality cameras meaning you might be able to avoid buying a new camera for now. You’ll also need to think about lighting, a microphone, a tripod and some editing software.
Video continues to grow in importance and needs to be included in your digital marketing strategy. Think about how you can make the best use of video on Facebook and on all of your platforms and create content for your audience.