What are the benefits of google my business?
Let’s start off with what is Google My Business (GMB), if you’re not sure please check out our previous blog here.
- Its free: A free marketing tool, what’s not to love about that! GMB can really increase your online presence generate more revenue. However, you must make sure your GMB page is completed and optimised to rank at the top of local search results.
- Helps customers find your location: You add the exact location and address of your business.
- Better search visibility: A simple click will send your searchers to the rest of your content, such as your website or a direct phone call to your establishment.
- Displays useful information for potential customers: Information such as Hours of operation, Busy Periods, Directions, Photos, The call now button displayed for mobile users, Description of your business.
- Another communication channel: It’s another platform to reach out to potential customers.
- Gain customer insights by analytics: There’s and ‘insights’ tab, which offers great analytics data. You can compare stats with insights and customise which data you see. You can see how many people called, looked for directions or visited your site from your GMB page.
- Track website traffic and audience: Use the Google analytic tool in Google My Business to get statistics on your website traffic and audience.
- Encourage and respond to reviews: Your customers can leave reviews good and bad, but having lots of high quality ratings will increase the chances of online presence and potential customers choosing your business over competitors.
- It ties everything together helping online presence: Google My Business closely ties in AdWords, Insights, Google+, Maps and Search. This makes managing your online presence much easier.
Case study Stock n Lock.
Don’t just take our word for it, one of our clients Stock N Lock (Self storage facility) has seen a dramatic improvement using GMB “Google My Business and Local search have been a key factor in improving our SEO and organic rankings. Google My Business in particular is very easy to manage and enables you to give your business it’s very own personality as you are able to post updates, change opening/closing times and update information all at the click of a button. We have recently sent up a new location too. This has been super easy (with the help of SharpMonkeys) and has dramatically improved our organic rankings in a new location”.