Coming up with fresh ideas for your business blog can be hard work, especially if you’re not a keen writer. Good content is required in order to engage with your audience, it can be used on social media, advertising, email marketing and for SEO purposes, so it’s worth working over blogging hurdles to keep updating your website and keeping it fresh.
Everyone struggles to come up with new ideas from time to time, so we’re sharing 5 tips that will encourage your ideas to flow.
- Use customer questions as a source of inspiration for your articles. Customers ask you questions because they are looking for answers and they believe you to be knowledgeable on the subject. These questions are a great starting point for multiple blog posts as they give you a way of showing off your expertise and if one person is asking the question it’s likely that others are thinking the same thing. Start recording the questions from all sources (phone calls, emails, social networks and in person) into a document and begin working through each one, perhaps creating a monthly blog topic, depending on the number of questions you receive.
- Focus on the benefits of each of your services or products and create blogs about each one of them. Create a list of each of the benefits and break down each benefit further, focusing on who benefits, why and how they benefit and you may be able to create several blog posts. Spread the ideas out on a content calendar so you don’t focus too heavily on one benefit in a short space of time.
- Gather your employees together and brainstorm ideas. Employees will offer a new perspective, they may have questions of their own, and they might be able to give you insights from customers or give you angles from their set departments.
- Go through all of your old content on the blog and look for articles that need to be updated or repurposed. Google appreciates updated content as it shows you’re continuing to learn and offer new information and keeping things fresh for your audience. Take the time to look for the most popular posts too, see if you can find a pattern in what your audience responds positively too.
- Read the news and search through trending articles on social networks to find ideas for content to newsjack for your own blog. You’ll need to act quickly in order to benefit. Start writing as soon as the story breaks and be careful to only use stories that will be relevant to your audience.
We hope you’ll find these tips useful. However, if you’re still struggling for ideas, our digital marketing services may be of use to you. Outsource your blogging to us, call 01905 27007 for more information.