One of the most constant SEO factors is content. The content on your website is what results in customer engagement, their interactions, conversions and their general experience. There are still many websites out there that are thrown together. The content on the site isn’t optimised for the audience or search engines. It’s wasted content that achieves nothing other than filling up digital space.
If your website is still failing to dent the search engines try the following 5 tips to up your SEO content game.
- Know your entire audience. Keyword research based on your services or products isn’t enough. You’ll need to know your consumers, where they spend time online, what they want, when they want it and how you can engage with them. Build the different personas and create content that they are going to click with.
- Don’t stick to one form of content. Come up with new ways of getting your messages out there. Video is hugely popular right now, whether it’s embedded in your blog or shared on social media. Create different types of content and increase the times you appear in the search engine results. A video on YouTube, an Infographic on Pinterest, an article on your website and a Tweet are all examples of different media you can use to reach your audiences across different platforms.
- Consider your metrics carefully. The metrics you use to measure your content marketing must be relevant and fit in with your goals. Measure from the point of lead generation all the way through to the customer becoming loyal and an ambassador for the brand. Measuring the success of the content you create requires several metrics, the most popular being:
- Amount of traffic on the website
- Quality of the lead
- Shares on social media
- Engagement on social media
- The amount of time spent on the website
- Conversion rates
- Don’t ignore SEO. Lots of websites think that SEO will take care of itself. However, if you want to increase visibility and generate quality leads you’re highly recommended to incorporate SEO into your content creation from the get-go. Optimise the content, title tags, images, subheadings, Meta descriptions and follow the recommended SEO standards based on up to date research.
- Share your content around different channels. If you know your audiences you will know which ones spend time on each of the platforms where you can share your content. These platforms include Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube. Optimise each social share for the platform and audience you’re sharing to.
These five tips will help to optimise your content. Interested in learning more? Ask us about our digital marketing training, available in Worcestershire and all over the country.